Property Permits and Zoning

Charleston Township contracts with Associated Government Services (AGS) for building, mechanical, and electrical permits. AGS is responsible to approve and issue permits, provide all required inspections, and issue final completion orders, including Occupancy Permits. They also perform all land divisions splits and property combinations.

AGS can be reached at 1-800-627-2801

Building Permits are required for all building regardless of use and number of acres owned. This includes such home improvements as plumbing, electrical, mechanical (heating and air conditioning), decks, swimming pools, siding, roofing, replacement windows and out buildings.

Permit Application for sewer and water; The CharlestionTownship Office handles all sewer and property street number applications.

Zoning questions will be handled by Township Supervisor Jerry Vander Roest at the Township Office at 665-7805 or at

Click to view current Fee Schedule.