Charleston Township contracts with Associated Government Services (AGS) for building, mechanical, and electrical permits. AGS is responsible to approve and issue permits, provide all required inspections, and issue final completion orders, including Occupancy Permits. They also perform all land divisions splits and property combinations.
Building Permits are required for all building regardless of use and number of acres owned. This includes such home improvements as plumbing, electrical, mechanical (heating and air conditioning), decks, swimming pools, siding, roofing, replacement windows and out buildings.
AGS is located at 8721 Gull Road, Suite B, in Richland. They can be reached at 1-800-627-2801 or 269-629-0600.
Charleston Township Office handles all Sewer and Property Street Number applications. Zoning questions will be handled by Township Supervisor Jerry Vander Roest at the Township Office at 269-665-7805 or at email@example.com.
To review Economic Condition Factors and Land Values, View Here.
Click to view current Fee Schedule.PERMITS, FORMS and APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD
- Accessory Detached Structure Permit, View Here
- Boundary Line Adjustment Application, View Here
- Building Permit, View Here
- Commercial Building Permit, View Here
- Demolition Permit, View Here
- Electrical Permit, View Here
- Employment Application, View Here
- Fence Installation Permit, View Here
- Hardship Exemption Application, View Here
- Land Combination Approval Application, View Here
- Land Division Application, View Here
- Property Street Number Application, View Here
- Plumbing Permit, View Here
- Rezoning or Text Amendment Application, View Here
- Site Plan Review Application View Here
- Sewer Connection Application, View Here
- Special Exemption Use Application, View Here
- Zoning Permit Application, View Here